11.6.08

Of particular Merit

I have recently strengthened my contact with the Västerås Penticostal Church . The pastors there have been surprisingly and overwhelmingly willing to let me do stuff there, which is nice because I really haven't figured out what to do with myself in Sweden yet and just finding people that will give me chances to do anything is great for building a contact network and references. The children's and family pastor, Tommy, invited Mikael and I to come along for their annual family camp several weekends ago near Nora.

I thought I would just follow along and support Tommy for the children's meeting and just start meeting people, but instead of telling me what the program would be, Tommy asked me what I thought it should be. We ended up planning the programming together which ended with me being responsible for not only supporting in the games and meetings, but teaching the children, leading songs, and preaching the Sunday sermon. It was a fantastic challenge for me and fun for Mikael and I to get to be with other people. We played a lot with the kids, I taught them silly camp songs from America, and, of particular excitement to me, preached my first sermon in Swedish!

I would get up early in the mornings and sit out by this lake to plan my teaching and sermon.

No comments: