30.8.08

Church Camp

August 2-6 I was one of the leaders/ camp counselors for the Västerås Pingst Church's annual summer camp in Falun.



The camp was located on the coast of a beautiful lake.



It actually was stormy weather most of the time, but that didn't stop the campers from swimming every chance they got. The last day we finally had sun which was celebrated by all.



Setting up to play Capture the Flag




Speaking of flags, one of my jobs at camp was to lead the morning flag ceremony. I got to share my patriotic thoughts about Sweden and try to lead everyone in the national anthem. I also spiced things up by teaching them silly American camp songs. Singin' in the Rain, Boom chick a boom, and Sha na na na na to name a few.


I am quite pleased to have captured this moment of happiness.
Here's the song they are performing.



Tommy is the beloved children's and family pastor at Västerås Pingst church.




Here is another moment of happiness.



Besides raising the flag, I got to be a counselor for a group of 6 campers, I played the lead role in the daily drama presentation, preached in the evenings and organized the concluding party. I had so much fun with these great young people. I am so glad I got to know them a little bit. They encouraged me so much.

No comments: