8.10.07

Labyrinthanization







Hi people. Today Mikael and I visited the ancient labyrinth in a forest just outside of town. Lovely. Mikael needed a break from studying. He is working on his take-home final and it is a doozie. I am sad for his pain, but enjoying sharing the chocolates he gets to numb the agony and refuel his brain.







Mikael got lost in the labyrinth (or else we was confounded because I just told him the labyrinth is some kind of magical fertility thinggie.)






A strange thing happened to me on Sunday. I went to a church that I was at one time before that I liked. It gets even stranger than that. At the end they were praying and asking God to help them find their new pastor and youth pastor. I thought to myself, hmmmm it just so happens that I am looking for a job. I had not even though of looking for a job at a church because I figured my Swedish wasn't good enough yet. I applied to work for the postal service the other day thinking I can probably handle sorting letters and delivering mail fine - except for the part where I always get lost (but that can be managed with a good map). After the service was over I found an older lady and asked her what was up (the older ladies always know what is up). She brought the person in charge to me and we talked and so I am thinking about turning in an application. I never saw that one coming. It would be nice to be able to make money doing things that are interesting, fun, challenging and actually within my areas of study and interest. It is a lovely and growing church with lots of children, young families, youth and older people. You can see their website here: http://www.korskyrkan.cc/

On Wednesday and Thursday I am taking some Swedish tests to further find my appropriate level of study and on Friday, happy Friday I will get on a train and ride on it all night long until I am in the Swedish north. I will get to stay with Z and J and their new little baby. We will mostly go for walks in the forest and have picnics. I can't wait!

I want to feel fresh for my little adventure, so I will have all my hair cut off tomorrow. That will feel nice. Mikael is worried I will come back too "different" because I am going to this salon: http://www.nello.se/?dnode=4 . I need the right artist that can give me a change, a fresh start - a new way to be sexy european. Since I can't afford tall boots, leggings and a long tunic, the hair will have to do. It must be spectacular.

I convinced Mikael to take me to the store so that I cound try and find some jalapenos to make salsa. I didn't find the peppers, but mikael found the bin of movies - 2 for 99:-. I think we have the complete set of Mr. Bean now. Hopefully Mr. Bean can keep Mikael good company while I am gone.

1 comment:

Mark said...

What a lovely looking site! Laura, you are so creative and whimsical. So, are you going to get your hair styled like the lady on the web site...pink and spiked...I think that is a great look for all youth leaders!! Good luck with the job search. I too am looking for winter work. So far I have had nothing but rejection letters. Though, we must just keep trying!