17.11.07

COMMENCE HUMMUS

... Well, we have been patiently waiting all night for our beans to soak. If by chance during the night your beans sprouted and grew to an enormous height, I hope you will consider giving me a percentage of the profit from the whole golden egg thing. Just be sure to take evasive action if you hear "Fe Fi Fo Fum" at any time. If your beans didn't sprout, you can make some great hummus and I still wouldn't mind getting a percentage of the profit.


STEP #2 - Boil beans for 1.5 hours



STEP #3 - Toast 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds in dry frying pan until a lovely light brown



STEP #4 - Drain beans



STEP #5 - Gather the rest of your ingredients
6 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 (or more) garlic cloves (pressed)
1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Water for consistency

(An alternative to sesame seeds is to use 6 Tablesppoons sesame paste also known as tahini)





STEP #6 - Process like the wind! You can add a bit of water if you want it more mooshy.


(For those poor souls only have a wok, I am sure there must be non-electronic ways to bash your hummus. I mean, haven't they been making this stuff since before food processors were invented? Be creative! Potato masher? Bottom of a coffee cup? Rolling pin? Mortar and pestle? I'm sure you can think of something.)

STEP #7 - Enjoy your hummus!


Serving Suggestion


STEP #8 - Bribe someone who likes hummus to take care of the mess.


Complete Recipe


STEP #9 - Tell me how it turns out!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Step 9:
Hey seester! I made your hummus like the wind and it is yummy! I've been eating lots more veggies lately, but unlike you, I'm gaining weight. Of course there are special circumstances! I gave some hummus to Grace last night and she, also, was a big fan. Thanks for your inspiration!