8.10.08

Another Fun Little Project

When we lived in Durham, my best place to read and write was in a beanbag we inherited from the Shivers. I was so comfortable that I could sit still for a long time and get a lot done. I have missed that chair, and have been wanting to make my own since we moved to Sweden. My one stipulation was that I had to do it for almost free. Finally, with the arrival of our new beds from Ikea, the old foam pads we have been sleeping on were available to be turned into filling fodder. I found some great material and a zipper at the second hand store and bought some faux suede for the border and some thread. Mikael helped me chop up the mattresses and now I sit here a lot being totally comfortable for a grand total of about 400 Swedish Crowns (about $50)!

No comments: