4.11.08

A business trip

I have just single-handedly (with a little prep help, that is) conquered the Stockholm public transit system including trains, subways and busses to make it to an island in the Stockholm archipelago called Lidingö.



Here on Lidingö is an educational campus run by the Swedish Missions church. Today and tomorrow they are offering a course for the newly employed in the denomination. Technically, I am only halfway employed by the denomination because the church I work for is the result of a marriage between a Missions church and a Baptist church. After today and tomorrow at least, I will have a better understanding of at least half of the congregation! Here is our schedule:

12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - Introductory presentation
13:30 - "My path to the church"
15:00 - coffee
15:30 - Faith, congregation and church
17:00 - dinner
18:30 - SMU (Swedish Missions Youth)
20:30 - devotions
21:00 - cheese platter

07:00 - breakfast
8:10 - devotional
08:30 - diakoni and mission
10:00 - coffee
10:30 - what do we in the Missions church believe about... FAQ
12:00 - lunch/ dismissal

For those interested, the Swedish MIssions Church is the 19th Century parent of the Evangelical Covenant Church in America.

I hope to have the time to post pictures from my recent trip to Knaften and the exciting tales of my new job. For now, I need to find out where that lunch is going to be.

No comments: